Millions of people have died from smoking and nicotine-related diseases, and more have lost loved ones as a result. However, they have consistently managed to reimagine themselves and improve their appeal to fresh audiences. To receive the same sensation without the risky chemicals, a new trend of using nicotine-free vapes entered the market.
A nicotine-free vape warms a mixture of propylene glycol, glycerin, and other ingredients to create vapor. Since the majority of the harm from cigarettes comes from the hot smoke produced by the burning plant matter, in this situation, a nicotine-free vape is technically healthier because it doesn't produce smoke under normal circumstances. Furthermore, it has recently become incredibly popular among people looking for a "healthier" alternative to smoking cigarettes.
Why Use Vapes Without Nicotine?
Although nicotine is not particularly hazardous on its own, there are several reasons to switch to nicotine-free vaping before allowing yourself to get dependent on nicotine.
1. Even though the labels state otherwise to comply with regulatory standards, nicotine-free vapes are not addictive because they contain no nicotine.
2. The e-liquids used in nicotine-free vapes are non-toxic, food-grade, and drug-free.
3. Nicotine-free vapes produce a smooth vaping experience and support vapers' continued good health while they enjoy their preferred vaping activities.
4. Vapers may concentrate on the flavors rather than the throat-prickling sensation thanks to nicotine-free vapes.
5. For vapers who want to blow enormous clouds of vapor and enjoy theatrics, nicotine-free vapes are great.
What are the Side Effects of Vaping Without Nicotine?
Nevertheless, vaping has negative effects whether or not the vapor contains nicotine. Depending on the base fluid, flavor, and other additives used, these negative effects change. There is still a lot we don't know about vaping and using e-cigarettes, but here is what we know about the negative consequences of vaping liquids without nicotine.
- One study from 2015 discovered that one puff from a nicotine-free shisha pen contains enough of the base liquids glycerol and propylene glycol to irritate the mouth. Components in a vape juice that are heated may irritate the tongue and airways and might produce carcinogenic, or potentially cancer-causing, chemicals.
- In-vitro research conducted in 2018 revealed that the effect of nicotine-free vaping seems to be an immunological response, which may be more pronounced when vaping in the throat or lungs. Vaping frequently could set off a generalized inflammatory response in the body. Additionally, certain kinds of white blood cells may have an inflammatory response after being exposed to flavoring compounds included in e-juice, which could alter how well your immune system's white blood cells function.
- Similar results were discovered in an in-vitro experiment conducted in 2018 that demonstrated cell death was caused by e-cigarette vapor exposure even in the absence of nicotine. The impacted cells protect your body from airborne pollutants, pathogens, and allergies from where they live in your lungs. These flavoring compounds found in e-cigarettes have the potential to disrupt the blood vessel cells in the heart, which are known to be involved in conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes, and heart disease that affect long-term heart health.
Although a nicotine-free vape contains very little nicotine, there are still some serious hazards associated with using one as well as potentially painful or hazardous side effects. Propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, flavors, and other chemicals that are still being inhaled are the main ingredients in most vapes and e-cigarettes. The use of a nicotine-free vape or e-cigarette has also been associated in some epidemiological research with an increase in dry mouth, gum sensitivity, and different types of gum disease.
It's crucial to know how to help control your vaping because, whether you vape with nicotine or not, the practice has a long list of possible risks.